Why choose Golden Naturals high-end natural products Pristine?
Pristine is a line of completely chemical free skin care products with no carcinogens.
In today’s market many products you find on the shelves are full of chemicals and some of them even claim to be “natural” and “organic”.
Skin is the largest organ of our body and it serves as a protective barrier but it also readily absorbs many things with which it comes into contact.
Dr. Elizabeth Smith has written: “Anything absorbed through the skin may be as high as 10 times the concentration of an oral dose.” Some chemicals are absorbed even 100 times. (Think about how nicotine and birth control/hormone patches work—the chemicals are absorbed through the skin!)
Carcinogens (cancer causing agents), that are in skin care products pose greater risk than food contaminated with carcinogens. Chemicals taken orally are absorbed by the intestines and pass into venous blood, which is taken to the liver, where these chemicals are detoxified to varying degrees by enzymes before they reach the rest of the body. Carcinogens absorbed through the skin bypass the liver and enter blood circulation and body organs without this protection.
Carcinogens can also cause skin irritations, allergic reactions, hormone disruption, fetal abnormalities, prevent vitamin absorption, violent coughing, vomiting and other harmful effects. Preservatives, dyes, fragrances, petroleum based products and synthetic ingredients are just some of these harmful chemicals.
Golden Naturals Skin Care cares about people’s health and chooses to offer high quality natural skin care products. Golden Naturals invests time in thorough, intensive research to carefully inspect ingredients method of extraction, manufacturing process, country of origin and selecting each element to ensure our high-end natural line of products Pristine, contains only the purest grade of natural and organic ingredients.
Click the list of links below to find out the name of some of these toxic chemicals and what their potential harmful reactions are. Check also the Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep Cosmetic Database www.ewg.org/skindeep/ to find out their toxicity level.
Fragrances and Perfume
Coal Tar Dyes
Cosmetic toxins can be listed as:
- Carcinogens (cancer causing chemicals)
- Teratogens (causing birth defects)
- Reproductive toxins (male & female infertility)
- Developmental toxins (hazardous to an unborn child)
- Skin/sense organ toxicants
Hidden Carcinogens and Contaminants – What are they?
- Appear as contaminant in a range of ingredients. Hide in other ingredients or in combinations of ingredients.
- Ingredients created by the reaction of chemicals during the manufacturing process. (In combination with ascorbic acid (vitamin C), Sodium Benzoate and potassium benzoate form benzene, a known carcinogen.)
- They are carcinogen precursor (precede the emergence of another)
- Can break down to release carcinogens
Hidden carcinogens are chemicals not listed on the label and fall into three major groups:
- Contaminants: are ingredients found hiding in non-carcinogenic ingredients (ethylene oxide, 1,4 dioxane, DEA, formaldehyde, lead in lipstick) (1,4-dioxane can be removed from cosmetics during the manufacturing process by vacuum stripping, but there is no easy way for consumers to know whether products containing sodium laureth sulfate have undergone this process.)
- Formaldehyde Releasers: non-carcinogenic ingredients that break down in the product or on the skin to release the known carcinogen formaldehyde (Urea, DMDM hydantoin)
- Nitrosamine Precursors: non-carcinogenic ingredients that react with nitrites in the products or on the skin to form potent carcinogens know as nitosamines. (TEA, DEA, sodium lauryl sulphate)
Nitrites appear in personal care products in one of three ways:
- Added to the product as anti-corrosive agents (preservative)
- Released by the degradation of other chemicals when the product is exposed to air
- Can be present as contaminants.
Grapefruit Seed Extract is a preservative very often used in natural or organic products and can be contaminated with BENZETHONIUM CHLORIDE, METHYLPARABEN, TRICLOSAN. They are not listed in the ingredient list because they are considered contaminants.
About BENZETHONIUM CHLORIDE: Benzethonium Chloride is a Quaternary Ammonium salt. In Canada is a Prohibited and Restricted Cosmetic Ingredient
About TRICLOSAN: See Preservatives
About METHYLPARABEN: See Preservatives
Also after the manufacturing process, GSE doesn’t retain its original compounds and the final composition of the extract is made up of about 60% Diphenol Hydroxybenzene, which has a almost identical molecular structure of Benzethonium Chloride, a Quaternary Ammonium compound.
GSE is not a natural extract, but a synthetic ingredient!
Chemicals in Natural and Organic Ingredients
Some of “natural” and “organic” ingredients are preserved with Sodium Benzoate or other preservatives because they are unstable. In combination with ascorbic acid (vitamin C), Sodium Benzoate and Potassium Benzoate form Benzene, a known carcinogen.